Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Shepherd Will Supply My Need

     The death of President Gordon Bitner Hinckley was a very sad realiztion for not only the LDS people but for people all around the world. In everything he did, he did it with much love and with a smile. Everytime he was speaking to millions and millions of people, it felt like he was specifically talking to me. What really sticks out to me about President Hinckley is the unwaivering faith and love he had for the Savior Jesus Christ.

     The song My Shepherd Will Supply My Need, is one of my favorite songs because it lets us know that the Savior, Jesus Christ, will always be there to rely on. The song uses very confident words describing our hope and faith in Christ. The way that we will have absolute reliance in the Savior is by trusting him. When we truly trust Jesus, we will feel the importance of trying our best to do what he asks of us. He knows that we will never be perfect and that we are going to roll and tumble on the way, but he loves us enough to stick with us even though we will have weaknesses. " For he that raiseth up a king against me shall perish, for I, the Lord, the king of heaven, will be their king, and I will be a light unto them forever, that hear my words."-2nd Nephi 10:14. If we just try harder to listen and to follow the council of the Savior, we will be able to feel the Savior strengthening us as we are going through this training ground called Earth.

     Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World and the Light. He is the Rose of Sharon, the Comforter, the Way, the Truth, the King of Kings, The Lord of Lords, the Prince of Peace, the Rock of Ages, and so many other powerful names depicting him. He really does love us and he cares for us so much! He did appear to an uneducated farm boy and helped him gain confidence in the fact that he was to help restore his Church on the Earth. He gives us the oppurtunity to repent for our sins as well as partake of his sacrament each week. Jesus Christ is the only perfect person to ever walk on this Earth. My Shepherd will supply my every need!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment