Sunday, June 12, 2011

How Do You Eat An Elephant? One Bite At A Time



     This has to be one of the funniest and corniest quotes that I have ever heard but it is so true! I remember when I was in the 9th grade, I was struggling in school. I remember getting so many homework assignments and getting so stressed out! I never knew how I was going to be able to get good grades and not suffer in my classes. One day my dad just simply told me Elder Stout; he probably said Sam, "How do you Eat an Elephant?" Now I remember my pie eating contest days and remembering that you have to keep taking good consistent bites. You will never be able to eat a whole pie in one bite. It is the same thing in life, we will usually never be able to accomplish the things we want to get accomplished all at once.

     It is hard for me to be patient and wait for something that I most desperately desire. But I think President Dieter F. Uchtdorf of the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints can explain this better than I ever can.



     This video gives me comfort we just need to keep trying to do what is right. We will all slip off and stumble at times but we just need to keep on moving forward and trying to do what is right! Remember, how do you eat an elephant?!

No comments:

Post a Comment