Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Path to Forgiveness

     "Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seventy times seven."- Matthew 18:21-22. I love this scripture and not only the look that must have been on the Apostle Peter's face when he was told to constantly forgive the people that wrong him. Jesus Christ was the perfect example of forgiving others because of the Atonement, which is the process that Jesus Christ went through to cleanse all of our sins.. Down here in the South, everyone can quote John 3:16, which talks about the love that God had and that He sent His Only Begotten in the World to die for us. I can't imagine anyone so willing to suffer for everyone's pains and mistakes as the Savior was. His heart was so full of love and compassion and he shared it in the most unselfish and absolute loving way.

   
     I know that it is really hard to sometimes forgive someone and especially when someone does something completely wrong. I can sometimes get really mad when someone does something to wrong me. the Holy Ghost works in mysterious ways because it lets me soon realize all the dumb things that I have done to others and how they have forgiven me. The feeling that I had when someone had forgiven me was so refreshing and comforting. Just imagine when we truly repent and ask forgiveness for our sins, the Savior will let us feel that refreshing comfort. If the Savior is willing to forgive us for our wrong doings and mistakes, it will be a little easier for us to forgive others for their mistakes as well. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World and he did appear to Joseph Smith who was given the power to establish Christ's church once again on the Earth. Thanks so much for reading this blog and I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment