Friday, July 8, 2011

Unusual Circumstances Make Amazing Memories

     Has their ever been sometime in your life when you did something that seemed normal to you but very unusual to someone else. It may be the way we breath, the way we pick up a utensil to eat, or maybe just the way we talk. It does not seem like a big deal until someone points out that it is very strange how we perform that certain task. We may start to question why we do it that certain way and not the way mostly everyone else does it. We can either allow ourselves to be sad because we are not normal or we can have pride in that we are unique and special.

     Ever since I started to walk, I walked on my toes. It was just the way I walked and it seemed like no big deal until I was in Elementary School. All my schoolyard chums started to notice the way I walked and I started to get all sorts of questions. They started to call me names like Twinkle Toes and it really bothered me. I was just walking the way I always walked and it wasn't like I was doing it on purpose. Well, after going to a few physical therapists and a lot of foot and leg exercises, I started to not walk on my toes as much but I still tend to put more pressure on my toes rather than my heals. I have come to the realization that that is who I am and it makes me me! If you see me walking and I'm on my toes, you better know I am grateful to be an awkward walker!

     Heavenly Father makes us all in different ways because we are all unique in his ways. It can be as big as having a physical disability or as small as walking a little funny. Heavenly Father thinks we are special and it does not matter to him what we look like, It only matters that we are trying to live our life the way God wants us too. He loves us and only if we could see into his eyes, then we would start to really realize how special we are! After we die, we will all one day have a perfect body because we will be Resurrected; which means the reuniting of our body and spirit in a perfect form. We will have a perfect body one day where we will not have to worry about our bodies imperfections, but until that day, we can be grateful for what we do have! I have said this a lot but I will say it one more time, we are all spirit sons and daughters of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment