Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Fam: Eternal Families Make Eternal Joy




     This picture was taken on May 6, 2011 in front of the Salt Lake City Temple. In the picture is my dad (Mike), my sister (Bailee), my brother (Derek), my mom (Jane), and the happy couple (Tanner&April), my brother and sister in-law. It is probably a good thing that I was not there because the picture would go down in value. It is kind of hard to not have been there because this is the very first family portrait that I was not in. I love my family deeply and  have so many memories with each one; except my sister in-law April, but we will chill and get to know each other later. I remember getting baseballs thrown at my head by Tanner when I was first learning to play baseball. I remember all of the social gatherings that I was able to be apart of with Derek and the rest of the Pandit Association. I unfortunately remember being dressed up by Bailee and posing as a jazz dancer. I remember going on drives with my mom and listening to classical jazz. I remember going to the driving range with my dad and spending good time with him!


     I love my family so much and to know that I can be with them again gives me so much serenity and comfort. What gives me the serenity and comfort the most though, is that if I live my life the way God wants me to live it, I can live with them forever. In the last two verses of the entire Old Testament of the Bible, the prophet Malachi writes, "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse." (Malachi 4:5-6) This prophecy did occur when Elijah appeared to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery on April 3, 1836 in Kirtland, Ohio. He gave them the keys to seal what is on earth to heaven creating a way for families to be together eternally. That is a reason for why there are temples on the Earth, it is for a man and woman to promise to live their life in a way to where they can live with each other and their children forever. My brother and sister in-law had the privilege of doing that and anyone who is willing to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ can as well. Whey wouldn't you want to be with your family forever rather than just death do us part?


     I know that Heavenly Father loves us and that we can be able to live with our family forever and the way we do that is by being apart of Jesus Christ's church. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the restored church of Jesus Christ's church a long time ago! You can know for yourself by praying and asking God if that is true. It is a simple way and God wants to make it simple because he does not want any of us to stumble in the dark!


     I hope you have a great day and hope to chat with you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment