Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Remembering 9/11

    

     I vividly remember being woke up by my dad on a beautiful September morning in the later part of the year 2001. He told me with a sound of sadness and shock in his voice that the World Trade Center has been hit by an airplane. Me being half-asleep, did not really understand what was going on but I followed my father into his bedroom and on the television I saw a lot of smoke foaming around a gigantic skyscraper. I stood there in shock and awe and was thinking to myself how could something like this happen. We later found out for sure that it was a terrorist attack and it was scary to think that people did not think so kindly of us Americans. It was really difficult for an 11 year old such as I was to think that someone would hate someone else so much that they would do something that serious.

     The after effect 9/11 was very damaging and the whole country was in complete sadness and shock. There was so much hardship that effected the families of the victims. I can't imagine all of the pain that they had to go through. There really is only so far we can go on our own when it comes to coping with such a huge loss. The way to fully cope with something is to rely on the Savior and allow him to help you feel his true and unwavering love. This video shows how a 9/11 survivor had the Savior help him through the grief of what happened.


     I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he can help us through our problems even if they do take time! Heavenly Father knows and understands what we are going through and we just need to keep on keeping on!

No comments:

Post a Comment